Thursday 1 October 2009

Soul Food


I've been here for the first time this evening.

I really enjoyed it. There is something quite amazing about singing in a group.

And I made a new friend.

Roy (or maybe Ron - I'm not sure now!).

Anyway I got chatting to him in the break.

Only to discover that his is a Stoke City fan.

So we spent 10 minutes talking about Tony Pulis, Rory Delap, being good at set pieces. etc etc.

I'll have to explore this rich new ground a bit more.

There may be other lovers of the beautiful game hiding amongst the Tenors and Basses.

Or even the Altos and Sopranos.

If there are enough of us we could start a revolution and get everyone singing football chants.

So which is best for the soul?

Singing or football.

I wouldn't want to have to choose I have to say.

No comments: