Wednesday 14 May 2008

Bathing In Porridge



Inspired by yesterday's post I decided to seek ways to immerse myself in Scottishness to get in the mood for tonight's match.

First I drove to work listening to the gorgeous voice of Alan Brazil. Mmm don't you just love that man's vocal chords.

Then I talked football on and off all day with my colleague Sandy. Who happens to be Glaswegian.

After work I met up with my brother and we went out for supper. The man who served me at the bar was a Scot (I concluded this because he spoke with a Scottish accent. No flies on me!)

Thinks: "Shall I try a football conversation with him? Of course he could be a Celtic fan. Ah what the heck - let's go for it anyway!"

Georgina: You must be the only Scot outside of Manchester.
McBarman: Grrrowl! I'm on the other side

Thinks: "Chance for a quick quip here. What about 'Oh I didn't realise you were Russian'? Mmm - perhaps not"

Georgina: Oh, a Celtic fan.
McBarman: I'd rather be anywhere else in the world than Manchester today
Georgina: I have this vision that the whole of Glasgow is empty tonight
McBarman: No - it's full of us lot, glad the rest of them are out of the way
Georgina: Can I order some food please. I'd like the vegetarian rissotto.
McBarman: Certainly. That will be nine thousand pounds please.

And now I plan to end my day with my feet up, sipping a glass of whisky, nibbling a piece of shortbread and fiddling with my lover's kilt.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got to say, im absolutely gutted. Currently running a little spread bet which included Rangers doing this quadruple the blue half of Glasgow have been talking about. Looks like the value of my £10 initial bet will have diminished significantly after last nights performance....

areallaticfromthesouth said...

Your 'Scottishness' didn't do Rangers no good eh? LOL!