Friday 23 May 2008

Childsplay


I went to Toys R Us today.

I don't get to go very often because my children are grown up, but my step daughter has two children aged 3 and 1. My daughter and I are visiting them tomorrow so it was a great excuse to visit the store and wander round wishing I was about 40 years younger.

I've bought my grandson(3) the grooviest yellow toy guitar and my granddaughter(1) a workbench and hammer. I'm going to take my own guitar with me so my grandson can singalong with Nana Georgina.

Not surprising then that some of this week's football stories have put me in mind of childhood stories and behaviour.

For example, Mr Mandaric's plea for us Foxes fans to trust him inevitably made me think of this.

And this story reminded me of this kind of antic.

And of course Drogba's histrionics bring to mind this well known children's story.

What I can't really decide is if this a fair portrayal of Avram Grant's ability to manage.

No comments: