Saturday 3 May 2008

The Man Called Uncle


I've been to see my Uncle Ken today.

We were picking up a cake for my daughter's 21st birthday party tomorrow which my Auntie made. She has been to night classes to learn about cake decoration and has made an amazing job of it. Must have taken hours. Bless her!

Anyway, my Uncle Ken is a really groovy dude. He is kind and clever and funny.

And he likes football.

I remember him going to see Hereford United when I was a little girl. And when I was at his house today I noticed he had a load of ManUre video tapes and books.

Georgina: You are a Man United fan then.
Uncle Ken: Yes. Do you like football?
Georgina: I do. I've only been into it for the last year or so though.
Uncle Ken: What team do you support?
Georgina: Leicester City
Uncle Ken: My best mate is a Leicester City supporter.

It's like I've said before. We get everywhere us Foxes fans.

And there are lots of us.

Lots of us who will be waiting tomorrow with breath held and fingers crossed.

Waiting to see if tomorrow turns out like this. Or like this.

6 comments:

areallaticfromthesouth said...

I see a Fox in my garden at least once a day - as for a bull, Hereford is too far away from me.

Good luck tomorrow

Georgina Best said...

In my experience the bull is never far away in football.

Thanks for your good wishes. We really need them!

areallaticfromthesouth said...

How's your nerves with kick off imminent?

Georgina Best said...

In shreds!!!

areallaticfromthesouth said...

Well think of me tomorrow

Chelsea go to Newcastle United.

Hoping the bull will end up in Newcastle's net more times than it does Chelsea's.

Georgina Best said...

It'll be an interesting match. My money would be on Chelski but my lover is not so sure. I think the Blues are on a roll now though and I still don't rate Keegan despite the Magpie's recent change in form