Thursday 1 May 2008

Satan's Cheerleaders


So Leeds lost their appeal today.

My reaction? Well this about sums it up.

Those of you who have been reading this blog regularly will know that one of the lessons I learnt very early on in my football career is that Leeds United are a team to be reviled and that their then manager Denis Wise was ... well one of these.

And whilst I try not to indulge in schadenfreude too often, I couldn't help but enjoy their relegation and point deduction last year.

It never ceases to amaze me that anyone could be a devil worshiper. I've had met the odd one or two on my travels.

I try to be kind to them of course. I like to think of them as 'misguided'.

After all, even the sweetest of characters can be corrupted.

It's up to the rest of us to help them see the light.

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Why don't we all make a pledge to seek out a Leeds Fan this weekend and try to convert them to a more righteous path.

Such as becoming a Foxes fan maybe?!

3 comments:

Mosher said...

First off, I've got nothing against Leeds although I hate Denis Wise (and yes, I know the little parasite works for us now - what he does, though, nobody knows).

But there are two points here:

1) Deducting points for financial problems is madness. The finances of a club are nothing to do with the game itself. Anyone deliberately screwing the finances isn't going to be in the least bit bothered if the team go down because they're only interested in the cash (which they now have). The people who suffer are the staff and fans. Point deductions mean relegation which means lower income which makes it harder for the team to get out of financial difficulties. It's stupid.

2) You can't make someone change football team unless their original one dies a death (eg Wimbledon) or they're a fair-weather bandwagon jumping tosser (eg Chelski, ManUre, etc). It's just wrong.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Well said. Although I could understand anyone getting fed up with the arse

GB

Georgina Best said...

Well said indeed (apart from having nothing against Leeds which is not normal)