Saturday 17 May 2008

Sweet F.A.


I have had the sweetest of days today.

First I awoke to the morning radio discussion about the F.A. Cup, whilst getting ready to walk down into town to the Farmer's market.

My lover and I cruised around looking for goodies to purchase in readiness for the afternoon's extravaganza. Organic, free range Scotch eggs (mine a veggie version of course). Olives. Fresh bread. Strawberries. And an almond croissant.

A trip in the car to Aldi followed, listening to more F.A. Cup build up. More goodies purchased. Some vintage cider and white chocolate.

We were ready.

Quarter to three, We're on the settee with our feet up, tucking in to the eggs and other savouries, washed down with a glass of cider.

1 - 0. Half time.

Sharing the almond croissant with strawberries as garnish. Accompanied by a coffee.

1 0. Full time. Up Pompey!

A little after match celebration.

And now posting whilst my lover prepares crayfish tails and salad sandwiches.

Followed by one of these.

So that's what they mean by Sweet F.A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet FA indeed. I had meringues with ice cream and toffee sauce during the half time break.

Georgina Best said...

Yum. I love meringues but don't often think to eat them. I like it that they are sticky at the same time as crunchy.