Thursday 22 May 2008

On the shoulders of giants


Is an album by this band of course. Georgina's away tonight. I'm standing in. I'm Georgina's lover.


Georgina keeps a .....er......Blog Log. This means she knows over 300 hundred people a day visit this Blog.


She mentioned this to me (quite airily I thought) in passing recently.


What I'm saying is that she has a loyal readership and suddenly, I'm let loose. So, it's an onerous responsibility to write a page for her.


BTW, Georgina is off with her Mum doing stuff but will be back tomorrow.


Been thinking all day what to write about football but most things are done and dusted. Will the hoops will win the Scottish premiership by default, and (more interestingly for me, because I come from here) will Bristol City triumph over the Humberside lot?


That said, there is other drama coming up with Euro 2008. I'm supporting Spain because I love the country.
Finally, I just need to air an obsession of mine around the debate of whether capitalism is ruining/building football ?


I then had the thought I'd tell you a bit about Georgina and so I will.
However, time and space precludes me from waxing lyrical. Nonetheless, she has a real good sense of Rock and Rock and grace.


You'll gather now she's not to be messed with.


Georgina is a very new football fan. She is genuinely learning about this game people love. Her choice of clubs, the foxes, is a compelling one. On more than one occasion, (in the early seventies) when I was at RAF North Luffenham, I went see them at Filbert St .


Since she took them on, I've been to The Walkers a few times to see them play. I'm half-glad Hollow-way is staying. It would be too disruptive to move him on ?


What saddens me most is that it'll be at least a season before you stuff this horrible outfit.


You will be back. There's no doubt in my mind such a great and traditional club will survive and prosper. The more the fans rally behind the club now, the greater your chances of fantastic success.


One conversation Georgina and I have had is exemplified in this debate.


Can a new football fan change their allegiance because it is so new ?


You'll have guessed her response was in the negative . She's as true fan as you will see.


Now you know one of the reasons I adore her.


She'll be back.

No comments: