Tuesday 29 July 2008

Football Nearly Killed Me Today


I’m not exaggerating. It really did.

I was on my way to Monschau with my lover. We are over here in his car which I rarely drive and so I thought I would take the opportunity to enjoy the luxury of driving a Skoda Fabia 1.9 Tdi (if I tell you I drive a 1000cc Yaris you will probably understand why I use the term luxury).

Anyway all was going relatively well until I spotted another sign to a football ground. This time it was FC Butgenbach.

“We must go and see that before we carry on” I said.

Which would have been fine if it had not involved me crossing a junction, which in my excitement I did forgetting that I should be on the right hand side of the road.

A few horns honking and yells from my lover later, I pulled safely over at the side of the road, vowing never to drive his car ever again.

Do any of you know the French for “dipstick”?

No comments: