Sunday 27 July 2008

Second Best?


Today I concentrated on my French studies, picking up a free newspaper to read the football reports. Unfortunately the Liege “Dimanche” has a very limited grasp of the latest transfer gossip in the Premiership or how the pre-season training is going at The Walkers.

In fact, in truth it contained nothing about the football world at all. Other than a report on a local match that I could not really understand. There were a couple of pictures to be fair, which was better than nothing for a girl desperate to keep her hand in.

I haven’t managed to talk to any of our Dutch neighbours yet, not least because my lover and I spent a lovely couple of hours sitting the town square drinking cherry beer and devouring mussels. During the course of our conversation we got on to the subject of polygamy (as you do). I asked my lover whether I would be wife number 1 or number 2 if he had another wife.

He responded that it would depend who the other one was!

He managed to stem my wrath by asking which one he would be if Jose Mourhino was the other one.

Then I understood.

No comments: