Monday 28 July 2008

Scardey Cats



It is possible that some of you out there may be doubting my commitment to the cause as I am swanning around in Europe.

Well let me tell you, whilst I may not have access to any TV, radio or newspaper information about my chosen subject, I am doing all I can to expand my education.

Today we went for a drive around the neigbouring villages. In one of them, Waimes, we saw a sign to FC Wallonia. I felt sure this was a message from some higher power, guiding my lover and I towards new learning experiences.

We weren’t disappointed. The small road led us to a football pitch, complete with floodlights and a couple of stands that could hold about 300 people between them. Other facilities included a small clubhouse and about 40 parking spaces.

My lover was particularly impressed that the practice pitch had floodlights too. He used this phenomenon to go on to ponder that the Belgians like to do things in well lit areas. For example their motorways are always lit, unlike ours,

And as we remember from Friday night, well-lit car parks are also favoured by some.

Maybe they are afraid of the dark.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol. Maybe we are. Most big autoroutes are lit, but some parts aren't. We're a strange people ;)