Sunday 20 July 2008

Mick McCarthy Got No Balls


My lover and I went to my friend Rupert's party last night.

We got talking to someone my lover used to work with. He is a musician and plays the fiddle and mandolin.

All seemed to be going well and we got onto the subject of football. To be fair he rates Wenger, so clearly has a modicum of taste.

Unfortunately, however, he is a lifelong W*****s supporter. Even more interesting was that he does not believe you should choose your team. It should be something given to you by someone else (your dad supports them, your mates support them etc.) and you are then stuck with it.

Well at least that explains his 'choice' of team I guess.

After a couple of beers he was prepared to concede that their current manager is not all one might hope for. A sentiment shared by one Roy Keene.

Apparently Keene's beefs included an allegation that McCarthy shamed and undermined him in front of his team mates, accusing him of being a liar, as well as a lack of adequate tournament preparation, which including them being expected to train without any balls!

I think he probably fits in well at the Molinuex Stadium

No comments: