Tuesday 1 July 2008

Hanky Spanky



What should you do with troublesome renegades?

It's a problem that has exercised many over the years. Even those close to God.

Newcastle now face the problem in relation to Joey Barton of course. Bad boy of pitch and street.

It's a tricky one . I've heard people say he should simply be sacked. Others would argue that he has been punished by the courts and should not face additional sanctions.

As a Premiership footballer he is a very public role model. If he was able to turn himself around that could be a very powerful inspiration to others.

What would I do?

I'd draw up a behaviour contract with him. I would make it clear that if he breached that then there would be sanctions which could include dismissal. Alongside that I would offer support to make changes to his attitudes and behaviours.

I think it is critical to pass the responsibility for his behaviour to him, whilst also offering help.

Alternatively of course the Magpie's could consider some physical punishment which I guarantee he would never forget.

5 comments:

Derek said...

After watching that video I may even flash my bum tomorrow!!

Georgina Best said...

Scary!!

Anonymous said...

drifting into the sexual....dear oh dear

JB needs to have a word with himself big style

CF

Anonymous said...

As far as I can recall my contract states that should I fall fowl of the law then I will be dismissed. Now I know that footballers are not employees but I would like to see the same principles applied.

Anonymous said...

The lad must surely be a negative influence on the training ground/pitch.

Would you really like to spend your whole time with such an animal? With the perpetrator of "one of the sickest attacks ever seen on a football pitch"? I think not!

For the sake of his club they need to get rid, and quick!