Saturday 26 July 2008

Howling At The Moon




Bonjour mes amis!

Well here I am at Summer School.

As you can see, I have passed my first test and found a way to get onto the internet.

I will try to write a post every day now I know I can although I might only publish them on the blog every few days so keep visiting.

I write sitting in a campsite in Malmedy, Belgium. I am surrounded by a pine forest and loads of Dutch people.

It’s not been without adventure already. After a plain sail from Dover to Calais, my lover and I slept in our little caravan in a motorway service car park. All seemed well until as darkness descended we became aware of a number of lone men sitting in cars or wandering around the car park in the glow of the moonlight.

We chose not to watch too closely but we have a suspicion they might have been there for some sort of ‘sporting activity’ which certainly was not football. Since children may read this blog I won’t go into any further detail, other than to say if this was a cryptic crossword, the clue would be something like “Canine cruising”.

Anyway, to more important things, such as my footballing studies. You will be impressed to hear I spotted no less than 4 stadiums on our journey. The Madjeski as we drove down the M4 towards London, one on the outskirts of Calais, one in the environs of Brussels and one quite close in Liege.

My mission tomorrow is to get talking to some of our Dutch neighbours about their team’s Euro 2008 performance. Tactfully of course!

No comments: