Wednesday 16 July 2008

Hats Off To 'Em


If you are a football purist I suggest you look away now.

For those of you remaining, I wish to announce that this season I will have a preferred team in each of the top 4 divisions.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a Leicester City girl now until I die.

But I have developed a particular interest in several other clubs. Furthermore, as I enter my second full season as a football fan, following a number of teams will help broaden my knowledge and interest.

So who will I be supporting (in an 'I'm not going to wear the t-shirt or star in the video' sort of way)?

In the Premiership it will be the Arse.

Now don't sigh. I have good reasons. I like the way the play and I like the way they go about things on the whole.

In the Championship it will be Reading.

It's a way of showing some sympathy to my lover following his team's relegation last season (and we know how that feels don't we girls).

In League One of course my beloved Foxes.

And in League Two I will be watching the progress of Luton.

I think they have been dealt a really bum deal so it's my little token of support for them.

I hope they all have some real success this season.

So boys - get out there and do your stuff. It's going to be tough but you can show 'em.

Hats off to you.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Saturday 15th November when your beloved Foxes are at Swindon. We must keep in touch and maybe have a drink or even a spot of lunch before the game.
I agree about Luton, many clubs have been almost in a similar position. It's help they need not some stupid beaurocratic d**k heads that don't know what they are doing sitting in judgement.
Although in the case of Leeds Master Bates got all he deserved.

Anonymous said...

I'll be watching out. Primarily for LFC. Then, in descending order,

RFC The Royals.
LCFC The Foxes.
MUFC
WH Utd
THFC
QPR
Stoke

Oh Bugger, I'll just watch it all !

CF